Top Ten Tuesday: Things Sofi shouldn’t have eaten (but definitely did.)
Sofi. Such a special creature. Everything goes straight to her mouth. I mean everything. On the positive side, she never refused to eat any fruit or vegetable I gave her. Of course, the beef puree wasn’t well received, but really, I can’t blame her. Cat food in a jar! Ick. The negative side, though, is that I am constantly taking things away from her. She is always trying to steal Amelia’s food. She is eating things a 10 month old has no business eating (as well as a few things NO ONE should be eating.) Starting with the most obvious…
10. Paper: I’m sure it is pretty common that babies eat paper. I hear it is anyway…hopefully we don’t have a Pica situation on our hands!
9. Yogurt: This shouldn’t be that big of a deal, except that she has a dairy intolerance. Amelia outgrew hers by about 11 months so tomorrow I guess we’ll see just how allergic she still is to dairy.
8. Grilled cheese: (see #9.)
7. Waffle: with butter. and syrup. (see #9.)
(I feel the need to tell you that #7-9 all happened this morning. Tomorrow is going to be a fun day for all!)
6. Pretzels: Choking hazard anyone?
5. Crayons/Chalk: My mom got the crayons that can be used on dry erase boards. Sofi LOVES them. The day I took one away from her was the day I saw the true red-headed temper. I thought it was a myth because I certainly don’t have that problem. Oh but no, it exists and Sofi embodies it perfectly. That was also the day she was sporting a purple mustache. These crayons don’t just work on dry erase boards. They work on faces too! Score!
4. Peanut butter cookie: Do I need to tell you how much this freaked me out? It did. I called the emergency doctor-on-call number (it was after 5) and waited anxiously until she called me back. Was she showing any signs? No. Do we have any family history of a nut allergy? No. What do you mean they suggest introducing nuts at an earlier age now? Did I know this? No. It still freaked me out.
3. Playdough: Ok technically this hasn’t happened. YET! Amelia and I played with playdough for the first time today so I am already assuming that at some point, in the near future, Sofi will put the brightly colored, salty tasting dough in her mouth. What do you mean how do I know it is salty?
2. The dvd insert to a library dvd: Oh yes it happened. Oh yes she managed to get it out of the plastic cover. And oh yes the library charged me $2 for it.
And last but not least…..
1. Cat Hair: This is the worst one yet in my mind. What could possibly possess her to put a fistful of cat hair in her mouth. Seriously. Once about every three days I consider getting rid of the cats and I daydream about how nice and clean my house would be. How nice it would be to get rid of the pee-er (Jesse’s cat), the bulimic (my cat), the cord chewer (Jeremy’s cat), and the… well no I don’t think I could get rid of Piper. She’s just too darn cute. But seriously, cat hair? Gag!
So that’s the current list. I am fully anticipating that there will be more as we start to play outside soon. Bugs, rocks, you name it, she’ll eat it.
This post is linked up to Top Ten Tuesday at Oh Amanda