These cookies are delightful. I absolutely love making these cookies, and I love eating them even more. These cookies saved me during my nursing times when I had to cut dairy out of my diet and I’m sure they will save me again in a few more months as baby boy is born. I’m just going to go ahead and assume he, too, will have a dairy intolerance. But, maybe he’ll surprise me. ;)
These cookies are a breeze to make and are very adaptable, unless you don’t like peanut butter. If you don’t like peanut butter then I don’t know what to tell you, something is wrong. ;) Unless, you are allergic to it. Then it’s ok if you don’t like peanut butter, we can still be friends. :)
Ok, I hear you. Enough of the chitchat. Here’s the recipe!
Disclaimer: I don’t know where I found this recipe. I’ve tried searching for it, but to no avail.I do know that I doubled the original recipe. If you think this is your cookie recipe, let me know!
Vegan Choc-oat-chip PB Cookies
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup plus 4 tb. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 tb. oil
- 1/4 or 1/2 cup brown sugar (i’ve made both and both tasted great)
- 4 tb. white sugar
- 4 tb. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- chocolate chips ( I prefer milk chocolate)
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix together oats, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir oil and sugars together. Stir in peanut butter, applesauce and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and combine.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips in desired amount.
- Bake 12-14 minutes.
*I have also used chunky peanut butter in place of the peanut butter/nuts and it worked perfectly fine.
*I use a 2 tsp. cookie scoop and this recipe makes about 26 or so small cookies.